Our current DITMOCAHSR projects include:
- Centerpiece Jars: taking the gunk off the 80 jars we've collected over the past year and spray painting them
- Centerpiece Succulents: praying that the lovely man we found on craigslist five months ago still wants to sell us succulents for cheap (and maybe would help us plant them, for a nominal fee?)
- Chuppah Construction: Figure out how to hang the cloth from our poles
- Chuppah Fabric Design: I just figured out a cost-effective(ish) way to solve our chuppah embroidery dilemma with craft skills (and paid delegation) I can handle. However, the time involved may make me cry, so I might scrap it anyhow. We'll see, since this one is important to me.
- Guest Book: It's not really a book. And it's linked to my chuppah plans, which makes it feel important. Blerg.
- Signage: Other people care about coordinated rustic wooden signs. I just care about making sure people don't get lost on the way to the ceremony or eat things they're allergic to. Unfortunately, even practical, ugly signs take time.
- DIY Photobooth: I have a camera. I have crazy costume crap. I have local friends with even crazier costume crap. But as easy as this task is, I'm still loathe to deal with coordinating wig pick ups and writing camera instructions. I have issues.
- Out of Town Welcome Packets: It's just an envelope and a cookie, and I'm refusing to bake the cookie. And yet I'm still stressed by the mounting pile of information people keep requesting and the 83 phone calls from different people about the same topics. I need to find time to write this information down. Time. Wouldn't that be lovely?
- Escort Cards: I don't care that someone else did it, this project is important to me too. It won't be pretty, but it will be worthwhile. It may also drive me to ultimately declare that people need to just find their own seats when I end up crying at 2am the night before the wedding. You've been forewarned.
- Craft Project: Out of Town Guest Welcome Packets
- Description: Envelope with Weekend Instructions, Cookies
- Items to buy: envelopes, paper, cookie plastic bags, ribbon
- Time Involved: 4 hours to write, print, stuff envelopes. 3 hours to bake and wrap cookies, 1.5 hours for shopping
- Request Help from Friends/Family: need to email C, J, M.
- Task Assignments: Write copy (Becca), print (M), Stuff envelopes (M&B), Bake and wrap (J &C?), Attach to envelopes (J&C?), Deliver to hotel (??)
- Research Links: various cookie recipes on file
- Logistics: Cookies need to be baked Wed night (at the latest) and delivered to the hotel by midday Thursday.
- Calendar entry: Not yet scheduled
I just noticed that "DITMOCAHSR" has hints of the word "masochist." If you can't see it, you clearly haven't been in the throes of wedding planning lately. Now please excuse me while I go rock myself in the corner and decide which of these tasks I can throw off the closest bridge.